Driving economic growth in 2016
As a 100-year-old company, Cambia Health Solutions has learned what it takes to persevere in a turbulent industry. As we continue to drive a human-centric health care experience that is economically sustainable, our commitment to our members, employees, and community has never wavered.
To better understand the impact that we have had on our community, we retained the services of ECONorthwest, a company that specializes in the application of economic and financial principles and methods to evaluate public policies and investments. This action enabled us to assess the impact across our four-state footprint, detailed in the report: Cambia Economic Contributions, a look at the 2016 effects of Cambia Health Solutions on the economies of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Utah.
The report highlights that Cambia:
- Supported $1.2 billion in economic activity
- Provided 5,584 direct jobs in our home states of Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Utah last year
- Spent $474.5 million in total operations expenditures at businesses and organizations based in the four states, including support of 9,100 jobs through consumption spending.
- Spent $77.9 million on infrastructure and total capital expenditures
- As a tax-paying non-profit, paid $50.4 million in taxes to local and state governments, and more than $150 million federally
You can find the full report, here.