Giving is the Greatest Gift—You Can Make A Difference
For individuals and families facing homelessness and hunger, the holiday season can bring feelings of fear, desperation and sadness.
At Cambia, we devote our time, resources and passion to build healthy, vibrant communities. Alongside our community partners, we strive to influence lifelong health and improve well-being of the people and families in our communities.
During this charitable season, we invite you to join us in supporting some of these extraordinary nonprofit organizations who work tirelessly to effect homelessness and food insecurity across our region and positively impact the lives of the most vulnerable citizens. Whether it’s an investment of time or money, your actions can have a profound effect on the lives of others.
- Idaho Foodbank- provides free food assistance in Idaho. With warehouses in Boise, Lewiston and Pocatello, the Foodbank has distributed more than 135 million pounds of food to Idaho families.
- Second Harvest- delivers free food assistances to help people and families in need in Eastern Washington and North Idaho.
- United Way of Columbia-Willamette – works to keep vulnerable families housed and stable in Portland, OR.
- New Avenues for Youth – dedicated to the prevention and intervention of youth homelessness by supporting basic needs like meals and counseling to providing opportunities for education, job training, employment, and housing.
- Habitat for Humanity - devoted to building "simple, decent, and affordable" housing for families in need.
- Volunteers of America – provides services in Salt Lake City, UT to homeless youth and adults and of Utah’s Center for Women and Children; a residential detoxification center for homeless women and children.
- Utah Foodbank - distributes meals across the state of Utah and provides several direct service programs to help the most vulnerable populations— children and seniors
- Mary’s Place - provides safe, inclusive shelter and services in greater Seattle, WA that support women, children and families on their journey out of homelessness.
- Tacoma Rescue Mission – working with people at all stages of homelessness, addiction, or other life challenges, offering proven services and support facilities in Tacoma, WA.
- Union Gospel Mission – supporting homeless individuals in Spokane, WA through a home-cooked meal and a warm place to sleep as well as programs strive to achieve long term solutions.
- Community Action of Skagit Co.- programs that meet the basic needs of people struggling to make ends meet with the goal of alleviating poverty and helping people attain a level of self-sufficiency.