Oregon Healthiest State to Kick Off Movement
Cambia President and CEO Mark Ganz will join leaders from across Oregon next week in an event that will kick off an effort to make Oregon the healthiest state. Watch for more news and conversation on Twitter @cambia in the coming week.
What: Oregon Healthiest State, a multi-industry movement taking on the state’s most pressing health issues and making healthy options abundant, kicks off at an event expected to draw more than 400 leaders from across the state. The event will include an opportunity for participants to hear and provide input on Oregon Healthiest State’s strategy, an announcement of new funding and a program set to launch in early 2015, and a surprise challenge from across the country. Since the idea for Oregon Healthiest State was announced a year ago, Oregon Healthiest State has engaged dozens of local experts, signed on numerous partners, and begun filling the Steering Committee, Leadership Council and workgroups that will drive the effort. This event signals the kickoff of the work to make Oregon the healthiest state.
When: Thursday, Nov. 13, 2014, from 8:30 a.m. to noon, University of Portland
RSVP: Media are invited to attend, and interviews with Oregon Healthiest State partners are available. Photos will be made available. E-mail email@example.com or call 503 517-3714 to RSVP for the event or to schedule interviews.
Speakers: Those scheduled to attend include:
- Oregon Healthiest State Executive Director Katie McClure
- Cambia Health Solutions President Mark Ganz on the opportunity to transform Oregon communities for better health
- OHSU President Joe Robertson, M.D., M.B.A., on health in Oregon and the need for a new approach
- New York Times best-selling author Dan Buettner of Blue Zones Project and partner in the Gallup-Healthways Wellbeing Index (Oregon ranks #25 in the nation, inspiring conversations about Oregon Healthiest State)
- FSG Managing Director Fay Hanleybrown on the theory and practice of collective impact
Oregon Healthiest State will launch its website, ORHealthiestState.org, at the kickoff event.