As parents, as children, as siblings, as partners, as friends and beyond, people want to support loved ones in their times of need. And often, there’s no training on how to be a caregiver or how to navigate the depths of responsibility required.
As the COVID-19 outbreak rapidly evolves, helping people living with serious illness and their family caregivers is more important than ever. The role of caregivers during this health crisis has exploded—we are now all caregivers as we work to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Below is a compilation of tools, resources and safeguards for caregivers to utilize as we navigate this pandemic while helping those we love.
- Learn how federal, state and local government, state and local health agencies, the health care sector and community partners can work together to ensure homebound people and their caregivers in our four states access the COVID-19 vaccine and achieve health equity in a new policy brief Ensuring Access to COVID-19 Vaccines for Older Adults and People with Disabilities Who are Homebound released by Trust for America’s Health (TFAH), with support from Cambia Health Foundation.
- Seven Can’t-Miss Podcasts for National Caregiving Month
- HealthChangers Podcast: A Mini-Series on The New Reality of Caregiving During the Pandemic Part I
- HealthChangers Podcast: A Mini-Series on The New Reality of Caregiving During the Pandemic Part II
- HealthChangers Podcast: A Mini-Series on The New Reality of Caregiving During the Pandemic Part III
- HealthChangers Podcast: A Mini-Series on The New Reality of Caregiving During the Pandemic Part IV
- Cambia Survey: Caregiver Support Groups are Critical Resource During COVID-19
- COVID Coach App to Manage Stress (iOS phone, Android phone)
- Harvard Business Review: Balancing Work and Elder Care Through the Coronavirus Crisis
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Family Caregivers Alliance
- Practical Tips for Caregivers Concerned About Coronavirus - American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
- Family Caregiving During the Coronavirus - US News & World Reports
- New CAPC COVID-19 Response Resources Toolkit – Center for Advance Care Planning
- ARCHANGELS Caregiving Resources by State
- Wired for Care: The New Face of Caregiving in America – Cambia white paper on family caregivers
- Caring for Yourself and Caring for Others During a Disaster/Epidemic – OHSU Center for Ethics
- Suite of Open-Source Care Planning Tools in Response to COVID-19 (Respecting Choices®)
We will continue to share ideas and resources. We invite you to share your thoughts and ideas with us on our social channels.