As parents, as children, as siblings, as partners, as friends and beyond, people want to support loved ones in their times of need. And often, there’s no training on how to be a caregiver or how to navigate the depths of responsibility required.
As the COVID-19 outbreak rapidly evolves, helping people living with serious illness and their family caregivers is more important than ever. The role of caregivers during this health crisis has exploded—we are now all caregivers as we work to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Below is a compilation of tools, resources and safeguards for caregivers to utilize as we navigate this pandemic while helping those we love.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Family Caregivers Alliance
- Practical Tips for Caregivers Concerned About Coronavirus - American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
- Family Caregiving During the Coronavirus - US News & World Reports
- New CAPC COVID-19 Response Resources Toolkit – Center for Advance Care Planning
- ARCHANGELS Caregiving Resources by State
- Wired for Care: The New Face of Caregiving in America – Cambia white paper on family caregivers
- Caring for Yourself and Caring for Others During a Disaster/Epidemic – OHSU Center for Ethics
- Suite of Open-Source Care Planning Tools in Response to COVID-19 (Respecting Choices®)
We will continue to share ideas and resources. We invite you to share your thoughts and ideas with us on our social channels.